World health day 2017 Theme Is Depression lets talk Slogan : World Health Day theme for 2017 is depression More than 300 million people are now living with depression the main cause of ill health and disability across the globe, according to new figures from the World Health Organisation. also Some 300 million people suffer from depression, UN warns ahead of World Health Day.
World health day 2017 Theme Is Depression lets talk Slogan
World health day 2017 : More than 300 million people are now living with depression, which is the leading cause of ill health and disability worldwide, according to the latest estimates from the World Health Organization (WHO) released ahead of World Health Day. The theme of World Health Day 2017 is “Depression: Let’s talk”.
How and Why World Health Day is celebrated ?
About WORLD HEALTH DAY 2017 :
The World Health Day is celebrated by the people all across the world every year on 7th of April under the leadership of World Health Organization to draw the mass people attention towards the importance of global health. World Health Assembly was held first time in the year 1948 in Geneva by the WHO where it was decided to celebrate the World Health Day annually on 7th of April. It was first celebrated worldwide in the year 1950 as the World Health Day. Varieties of events related to the particular theme are organized on the international and national level by the WHO.
“These new figures are a wake-up call for all countries to re-think their approaches to mental health and to treat it with the urgency that it deserves,” WHO Director-General Margaret Chan said in a news release.
“The continuing stigma associated with mental illness was the reason why we decided to name our campaign Depression: let’s talk,” said Dr Shekhar Saxena, director, department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse at WHO.
“Depression: let’s talk” says WHO, as depression tops list of causes of ill health
Depression is a common mental illness characterized by persistent sadness and a loss of interest in activities that people normally enjoy, accompanied by an inability to carry out daily activities, for 14 days or longer.
In addition, people with depression normally have several of the following :
- a loss of energy; a change in appetite.
- sleeping more or less.
- reduced concentration.
- feelings of worthlessness.
- guilt or hopelessness.
- thoughts of self-harm or suicide.
Some of the objectives of why it is being celebrated yearly are listed below:
- To increase the public awareness of various causes and prevention of high blood pressure.
- To provide detail knowledge of getting prevented from various diseases and their complications.
- To encourage most vulnerable group of people to frequently check their blood pressure and follow medications from the professionals.
- To promote self care among people.
- To motivate the worldwide health authorities to make their own efforts in creating the healthy environments in their country.
- To protect families living in the disease vulnerable areas.
- To teach travelers and send them a messages about how to get protected from the vector-borne diseases while travelling.
world health day 2017 theme who depression let’s talk organizations directly related to child welfare for world health day 2017 slogan of depression let’s talk pdf. who started mental health science, depression awareness posters, depression lets talk.