How to Identify Plastic Rice or Fake Rice @Simple Tips : the good news is that you can easily find out whether the rice you bought from the grocery store is real or fake, using some tricks – in fact, you can try it at home.
How to Identify Plastic Rice or Fake Rice @Simple Tips
plastic rice in india : Fake rice was found in China for the first time, then in Vietnam and India. All of them are countries where rice is a main meal. It can also be found in Indonesia and Europe nowadays, but the USA still doesn’t have it. Consumers have started to notice that even some brands have started using this kind of fake rice. The fake rice is almost the same like the real one and you probably won’t be able to make a difference between the two types of rice. One thing is for sure: fake rice can cause a lot of stomach problems!
You’ve probably never thought that there is something like fake rice, but unfortunately there is and it’s shocking! According to researchers in Asia, there was a massive production of making fake rice. Every aspect of the investigation was shown in the news but people just couldn’t believe in that information. Our advice is to take a good look at what you’re buying!
Here’s how to identify fake rice :
this problem is increasing day by day in India. Do not worry just follow this trick then you can easily find out plastic rice at home. Here I will tell you how to identify fake rice without using chemicals. Even you can try at home without any tension.
Meerpet police said Ashok, a resident of Nandanavanam colony, complained that for the last several days, he and his family members have been suffering from various health problems like stomach ache, pain in hands and legs. It was on Monday night that when Ashok returned home from work in the night, he found that the rice served to him by his wife was mashed and unedible.
Fake Rice from China and How to Identify it
we try to sensitise the public on the easiest ways to dictate fake Chinese rice. We hope this could help save lives. Please pay attention to the simple tests below, which could help you identify fake rice:
- Fire test: Get a handful of rice and try to burn it with a lighter. If it catches fire and or smells like burnt plastic, it is fake and dangerously unhealthy for consumption.
- Boiling test: Try to boil the rice; if it forms a thick layer on top, you are most likely cooking plastic rice.
- Water test: Pour some cold water in a glass containing raw rice. Stir the content. If the rice floats on top, it is plastic rice. Likewise, if the rice settles at the bottom, it is good for consumption.
- Hot oil test: Just as if you wanted to make a stew, boil oil in a hot pan. Add some rice inside the oil. If the rice melts, you can be sure you have plastic rice. Likewise, if the rice sticks to the pan, you have hazardous rice.
- Mould / Fungus test: Keep boiled rice in a warm place for 2-3 days. Check the rice after a few days and see if it contains mould or fungus. If mould does not appear in a few days, you have fake rice. Normally, plastic is not affected by the weather or temperature, as such cooked fake or plastic rice must not have any mould of fungus.
- Grinding test: Try to grind some rice with a mortar and pestle. If the powder of the grinded rice is white in colour, it’s not fake. Otherwise, is the colour is yellow, it is unhealthy.
Here are the 5 ways to identify ‘plastic rice’
- Drop a tablespoon of raw rice into a glass of water and stir it for some time. If the rice float at the top then it is considered as plastic rice, because organic rice doesn’t float on the water.
- Take a handful of rice and burn it. You will smell plastic if it is not organic rice.
- If the rice starts forming a thick layer at the top of the vessel while boiling, it’s ‘plastic rice’.
- Drop some rice into very hot oil. If it’s plastic rice, it will melt and stick together at the bottom of the vessel.
- If cooked rice is kept for a longer period, fungus get deposited if the rice is organic. If mold does not appear, then your rice is fake.
Rumours of plastic rice and the continuous flow of posts, videos and messages on social networking sites, particularly Facebook and WhatsApp, created panic on Tuesday in Andhra Pradesh too.
how to identify fake rice ? Now a day’s rice is made with plastic. This fake rice mostly made in china. There are so many people suffering for fake rice.