World Coconut Day 2017 celebration, Significance & Importance : Coconut Development Board is celebrating World Coconut Day celebration on 2nd September 2017 at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Radha Mohan Singh, Minister for Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare will inaugurate the World Coconut Day at Shubam Kalyana Vedhika, Ramavarappadu Ring Road, Vijayawada, AP. Nara Chandra Babun Naidu, Chief Minister, Andhra Pradesh, is likely to preside over the function. The theme for this year’s World Coconut Day is ‘A Healthy Wealthy Life with Coconut’.
World Coconut Day 2017 celebration, Significance & Importance
World Coconut Day 2017 : Every year 2nd September is celebrated as World Coconut Day to commemorate the formation day of Asian Pacific Coconut Community (APCC). APCC is an intergovernmental organization of 18 member countries mandated to promote, coordinate and harmonize coconut developmental activities of the Asian Pacific region to achieve maximum economic development.
World Coconut Day is all about coconuts. It’s a celebration for those with coconut-know how and hopefully enlightening to those yet to discover this magical fruit (not nut!).
India is one of the founder members of APCC. In India, World Coconut Day is celebrated every year under the aegis of Coconut Development Board in various coconut growing states across the country.
The Coconut Development Board is celebrating World Coconut Day on September 2. This year the theme is ‘A Healthy Wealthy Life with Coconut’.
World Coconut Day is celebrated to commemorate the formation day of Asian Pacific Coconut Community (APCC). India is one of the founder members of APCC.
World Coconut Day celebration 2017 Theme :
A Healthy Wealthy Life with Coconut
Around 200 farmers from all districts of Kerala will take part in the function. A technical session on “Innovations in Coconut Cultivation” is also arranged after the inaugural session which will be chaired by M. Thomas Mathew, Retd. Chief Coconut Development Officer, CDB, Kochi.
Also, some of the coconut producing countries in the world are Indonesia, Philippines, India, Brazil, Sri Lanka, Thailand and many others.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Coconuts
- Supports immune system health: it is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite
- Provides a natural source of quick energy and enhances physical and athletic performance
- Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- Improves insulin secretion and symptoms associated with diabetes
- Helps protect the body from cancers due to insulin reduction, removal of free radicals that cause premature aging and degenerative disease
- Reduces risk of heart health and improves good cholesterol (HDL)
- Restores and supports thyroid function
- Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infection
- Promotes weight loss
- Helps keep hair and skin healthy and youthful looking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and provides sun protection